Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Day +8

Posted By Jesi: There have been better days. My mom is still unable to keep anything down, she is now running a fever, and has a resting heart rate of 120. The doctors have ordered several tests to find out if she is fighting an infection. We are waiting for results. They have prescribed blood pressure medication to try and regulate her heart rate, but say it could be 2-3 days before it's back to normal. She is sleeping a lot, I suppose it's because she is so worn out and when she's sleeping she's not throwing up.

On the brighter side, we are nearing Day +10, which means we should start to see an increase in her white blood cell count. (I sure wish those cells would hurry up!)

Thanks again to everyone for all your support. It is comforting to know we have so many people who love my mom and our family.

Mom, I love you, hang in there. I promise there will be better days!!

Jesi

1 comment:

smithblog said...

We are doing the count dance pretty heavy at our house for you!! (that is what Raegan does to get her counts up, she dances!) I hope you get feeling a lot better very soon!