Quick Health Update:
- Can't keep anything down
- Low hematocrit level (Blood level which indicates energy)
- Need a blood transfusion due to low hematocrit
- White blood cells are dropping (They are supposed to as the Chemo is killing everything)
- They will be giving me Vitamin D and Calcium through my central line as I can not keep anything down.
- Retaining quite a bit of water from chemo treatment-they are giving me lasics
- Took Adavan to help with Nausea-KNOCKS ME OUT!
Fred and Kristy came up today to visit during lunch and went for a walk with me. When I say walk, it is a walk around half of the 8th Floor. In order to go on my walk I have to suit up in my yellow gown, hepa mask, latex gloves and wheel my best friend the IV cart with me. We can only walk on half of the 8th floor because on the other side patients are recovering from some really awful diseases and infections. Today I was so worried I was going to throw up while on this walk I walked so fast I was out of breath by the time I got back to the room. Wouldn't that just be embarrassing. I know I shouldn't care, but you have to try and keep some dignity while going through all this.
I missed my Grandson Cole's baseball game. I heard he did really well. He saved the day and helped the team win the game at the last minute. It is so hard to be in here and not be able to be with my grand children. I am so proud of all of them. They are so talented and full of energy and fun. I love them very much.
I heard Duke is having a hard time adjusting. Fred had to feed him a whole entire bowl of burnt almond fudge ice cream last night in order to get him to eat anything. It is great to know he loves me, but I really worry about him.
7 comments:
I am praying for you this evening Linda and ask that things go well for you tomorrow on day 0...
I know you love your children and grandchildren and miss being a part of their activities. Your girls love you so much and we are all praying that you will get out of there within the 14 days that you are hoping for and that you have many successes ahead for you.
Take care and know you are in great care.
vicki sharples
HI MOM,
I MISSED YOU TODAY. IT WAS HARD NOT BEING ABLE TO COME UP AND SEE YOU. I WILL BE THERE TOMORROW, I PROMISE. I LOVE YOU.
JESI
Hi Linda!
I am happy to report Duke was acting happier when Willy and I took him on a walk. I know he misses you much but enjoyed visiting with lil Will!
We love you lots and hope you are doing better!
-Your Neighbors
I know Kristy through a mutual friend. I just saw that you had a blog today. I wanted to let you know that I think your strength is amazing. Stay strong! I will be keeping you in our prayers. Good luck tomorrow!
Linda, you new blogger you, you are one fine woman! I absolutely love and adore those girls of yours. All our love to you, your family, and with all you're experiencing!
We'll be "keeping up with the Jones's" now... :)
Love,
Paces (and Cooks)
Hi Linda,
I'm so glad you're doing this so we can saty up to date on your progress! We will keep you in our prayers. You're an amazing person--we can't wait to see you again!
Linda
I just want you to know that I think you're an amazingly strong woman, I always have. I admire your optamistic attitude. I know you can beat this and get back to the life you love. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
I Love You
Amy
Post a Comment