Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Day +1

This is a picture of me and one of my nurses Natalya.

It has now been one day since my transplant. As you can all see from yesterday's post it was a tough day. Probably the toughest day so far. After a restless night and several insulin shots I am back on track. I am starting to eat again on my own even though they still have me on the TPN. Today I had sorbet, sherbet, watermelon, cantaloupe, chicken noodle soup broth, water and practically an entire bag of Popsicles. I know this is an interesting diet and it sounds like I am anorexic. However, I was able to keep it all down today which is a wonderful sign. Fred says I don't even eat enough to sustain a small bird.

I was given a blood transfusion today because my hematocrite was at 21 which is extremely low when normal is around 40. They gave me two pints of blood and my color is really coming back. I can't wait to see how much it went up and how I will feel tomorrow.

I did two walks today for a total of 9 laps. I am still moving at my quick pace and who ever is walking with me has to work to keep up. My motto is if you have to do it just get it done and fast. Being out of my room is a nice change as it is starting to hurt to lay in bed.



I want to thank everyone for all their wonderful comments. I love to read them. They really keep me smiling. Humor really goes a long way.

2 comments:

smithblog said...

I don't even know you and your strength and courage are really an inspiration! I am glad you were able to go out of your room, I know how much it sucks to stay in there all day!!! Stay strong and keep up your sense of humor. And have more Popsicles!!!!

Carlye Momma said...

Well...birds are pretty strong...so that's what we can start calling you. Birdie. It fits! YAY for getting out of your room!!!