Sunday, June 1, 2008

Day -2

The day is just beginning and I am starting to feel a little sick. I have a little nausea and I am feeling tired. I am not sure if it is the chemo drugs, the hospital food, the anti nausea medicine or my low magnesium today. My nurses today are Annette and Lindsay. They have been great so far and working hard to make sure I feel o.k. They gave me my last dose of the Melphlan yesterday night and today they monitor me really closely to make sure that my body is responding properly and that everything is in line.

One more side effect of all these nasty drugs is my finger nails will start to break off and get brittle. These cancer drugs are so hard on people. I know they are good at killing the cancer and for that I am thankful, but they really cause havoc with the body.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you and I am sorry you are not feeling well today. However, for being sick you are such a trooper and a great example. I would be doing some serious complaining, but you are always so positive.

Nana Sharples News said...

Dear Linda...
I am so mad that you are having to go through all of this. I wish there was something I could say or do to help out. I love your girls and I am always asking Kristy about you. Hang in there...we never stop praying for a positive outcome for you. I am glad you have a blog. Take care and I will check daily...Love to you and May God Bless.
vicki sharples

mikelle said...

Hi Linda. I'm glad to see that you started a blog. I'm always wondering how you are doing, and now I won't have to wonder anymore.

I just wanted to let you know that we are thinking about you and you are in our prayers. You are such a strong woman and an amazing inspiration to all of us. I know this is going to be difficult but I also know that you'll be able to get through it.

I hope you start feeling better soon and make your goal of being home in two weeks! I look forward to hearing more about your progress. Take care!