Thursday, June 5, 2008

Day +2

My day started out very nice as I was feeling much better today.  The blood transfusion helped my hematocrit levels jump up to 32 and it gave me a lot more energy.  I was able to walk 8 laps again and even eat mashed potatoes and peas for lunch.  Fred and Kristy came to visit at lunch and I was enjoying my Popsicles and the fact that I was not feeling sick to my stomach. However, shortly after they left I came down with a migraine and again the nausea took over and I could no longer hold my food down.  Jesi came up to visit around 4:30 and I still couldn't keep anything down.  The only thing that sounds good to me is a lime slushy.  Jesi asked the nurses if we could bring a slushy machine.  They said they would be fine and they would even be happy to help us make them when ever I wanted one.  So, after Jesi left she went to 5 or 6 stores until she found one at Shopko.  Fred came up to drop it off, but I was sleeping when he dropped it off. Thank you for all the efforts and the new slushy machine.  I really appreciate it. I can't wait to have my first slushy.  

Update on my white blood cells and platelets:

White Blood Cells: 1.2
Platelets: 183

These numbers will continue to drop significantly for the next several days.  Once my white blood cells hit zero they will stay there until my own stem cells graft.  Once they begin to graft my counts will go up and then I will be able to come home. 

2 comments:

Jesi said...

I hope you enjoy your Rainbow Snow. I would do anything to make things better. LOVE YA.

Jesi

Anonymous said...

I bet the only one who can beat you in laps is "Big Brown". Go Linda!!!

Vicki