Life is getting a little better since I got rid of that anti nausea patch. I have stopped hallucinating and feel a little better. I so badly want to eat and rid myself of the TPN. When I leave the hospital the last thing I want is to bring that feeding bag home with me. I really am trying to eat real food, my body is just not cooperating.
My platelets were at 45 today, which is really low. They should be around 400. So this morning they gave me a platelet transfusion. This was expected and again right on track.
Jesi and Kristy came up this morning and went for a walk with me. They really try to keep me motivated. I know they are so worried about me and care so much for me. I keep telling them to go home and be with their families, but they really try hard to spend as much time with me as possible. I appreciate it, but as always do not want to be a burden.
My nurse Natalya scolded me this morning because I don't ask for help. I was hallucinating and got disoriented and crawled from my bed to the bathroom without calling for help. I know these people are here to help me, but again I do not want to burden them. I am self sufficient and can do things on my own. I refuse to let this cancer and these drugs overtake my life.
Dr. Petersen just came in and said again I am doing great. He checked my kidney function
as he always does faithfully. He said that Fred "put the fear of god in him". Dr. Petersen is determined not to let anything happen to my Kidneys. Today my kidney function is at 2.0. I really couldn't ask for a better group of doctors. They are attentive and remember everything that I tell them. I am so blessed to live in Utah, surrounded by good doctors and close to such a great medical facility.
Oh and before I forget, Dr. Petersen said that with the way everything is going I could be home before next weekend.
4 comments:
Hey Linda...it's Shane Inglesby here. Dad forwarded me your blog information and I thought I would check in to see how you are doing. I feel honored to have had the opportunity to talk to you ever so briefly before you went to the hospital as I have been asking my folks for updates on how you are doing since I learned about the "adventure" you would be embarking upon.
Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers on a daily basis. Take care.
Linda I LOVE YOU!!
I am so glad to get back from Powell and check your blog. When I could not get a hold of you or Kristy I was quite scared. I am happy that all is on schedule and that you will be home soon, we miss you. Keep fighting. 'Last Call' could really use a Girl's Trip and so could the rest of us. I think we need to make it an extened one when we go to Powell. There a so many movies that I have not seen, it will take some time to see them all. Love you Linda You are in my Heart Love Jodi
P.S. I love the quilt! the pattern is Court House Stairs.:) Ok so I am just a little out of control when it comes to quilts, but I know that does not surprise you.
Anonymous said that I really need to ask Courtney for help when doing this E-Mail, Blog stuff I have not a clue as to what I am doing. So this time I will sign it from me Jodi Cheney.:) Love You
Hi Linda! I just have to tell you you are truly an inspiration to me! Jesi and Kristy have been so great in keeping us updated...you are such a brave woman...who really should accept the help when she needs it ;-)...I've been blessed to have you in my life...even if it is by the extension of your children. And what fabulous women they are! You and Fred truly have two of the most incredible daughters and I am so grateful I can call all of you my friends! I love that Fred "put the fear of god" in your doctor. THAT'S HILARIOUS! Looks like you've got a family full of fighters! You keep being the amazing you and we'll keep you in our daily thoughts and prayers. Thanks for keeping a blog so we can stay up to date with you! We miss you and wish you the fastest recovery possible! I know you don't like asking for help...but we are here and will do ANYTHING for you. Please let us know what we can do! We'll be there!
Love ALWAYS,
Carlye Webb
Cam and the boys say hi too.
Post a Comment